Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fireworks




For the Fourth of July the family grilled at home then went to a show down on the Black River Landing. I haven't really done anything for the 4th in a long time so it was fun. There was a band, who started playing at 7 until the fireworks started, that my dad wanted to see. The paper said it started at 6 so we were there around 6:15 or so. Braylen was tired and took a nap when I ran home for snacks but he didn't sleep that long. He didn't want to miss all the fun. When the fireworks started he just sat in grandma's lap sucking his thumb, bundled up, and watching the fireworks. He was in a trance looking at them. He stayed awake through the car ride home, which I thought would put him to sleep. Little does mommy know right? I don't think he went to bed 'til 11:30.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I thought that fireworks displays were supposed to put us all in a trance. so he's right on the mark.