Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Poor Guy

So yesterday I had Braylen's one month check up. I brought up that his breathing concerns me because he breathes really funny. Then they found his dimple on his ear and didn't like the look of that. And then on top of that they couldn't find his pulse on his leg by his pelvis. Poor guy right? So they sent us to get him chest X-rays and a cardiac echo and blood work. Then he's been referred to an ENT for the ear because they say he has a cyst in it.

So this morning I had to take him for his blood work and the cardiac echo. His appointment for the echo was at 9 o'clock but of course with my luck the lady that the echo's doesn't come in until 12. Then the lab couldn't do the blood work and sent me to the hospital he was born at EMH. So we went to EMH and sat there for like an hour and finally got called. After that my heart broke because he cried the whole time. First they couldn't find his veins. Then when they found one it wasn't that strong so they were nervous. When they started taking the blood they had one lady holding his arm still, one lady taking the blood and ME holding him down. I wanted to start crying because he was hurting and being restrained and I had to help. Poor little guy he cried until I got him to sleep. So this morning was pointless on top of my baby boy being hurt.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Naomi, I remember when Trinity was like a week old I had to take her in to be tested for jaundice. They poked her poor little heal and just squeezed! I didn't think she could spare all the blood they were taking. Not to mention she was crying. I came very close to breaking down and telling them to stop hurting my little girl. I just wanted to bawl watching them.