Saturday, September 13, 2008

The ER visit


On monday I took Braylen into the doctor's because I thought something was wrong but he was ok. Well that's not the story now. He was fine this morning when he woke up. I went to school and when I got home he was napping. He woke up a different baby. He was really whiney and did but didn't want to be held. I wasn't going to go to work but my mom told me too, that she could handle it. Apparently after me and my dad left (he went to get my uncle Danny from the airport) Braylen got worse. I was at work for around a half hour when I was paged to answer a phone line. I knew what it was. I left work and took him straight to the ER at St. John West Shore. They checked his ears, swabbed for RSV, and took chest X-rays. He has a double ear infection and bronchiolitis. They gave him Children's Motrin and Tylenol. He was prescribed amoxicillin and breathing treatments. You could see the Motrin kicking in because he slowly became normal. So now I have my Braylen back to normal.

1 comment:

Susan said...

so glad he got breathing treatments. I had to have them once and I felt so much better in my breathing and wished I could have more.